Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year


First, HAPPY NEW YEAR and welcome to Girl On The Run!
Over the past 2 years I have met many people that where either apprehensive at the start line of their first race or people that say they "can't" do a 5K.  Fitness is such an important part of life, and I want to share my knowledge and experiences with you to help you achieve your fitness goals.  Whether you are an elite runner that runs a 5:30/mile or a walker that does a 20:00/mile, you can still do a 5K (and you beat EVERYONE that is on the couch).
After talking to several runners/walkers at my 5K this morning as well as reading my friends resolutions for 2013, I decided to start this blog to be an open platform for everyone that is currently active in running/walking or want to start being active and conquer their first 5K, 10K, etc but just don’t know how to start or want encouragement along the way.
In 2012, I completed 40 races including 3 half marathons and my first full marathon (26.2 miles) on 12/2/12!  My goals for 2013 include beating 40 races, training harder and smarter to improve my times, and run my 2nd full marathon.  I hope that by sharing my experiences throughout the year that I will be able to help you learn more about getting started to do your first 5K, meet and beat your goals, and of course HAVE FUN!
Whether you want advice on training, running gear, races, etc please feel free to contact me and I will be happy to help!  Of course, sharing of all your triumphs and accomplishments are highly encouraged.

With all of that said, what are your fitness goals for 2013?

Time to run,
Brandi



No comments:

Post a Comment